Are you tired of the discomfort, inconvenience, and limitations of traditional dentures? If you’re among the 23 million Americans who’ve lost all their teeth, there’s a solution that can transform your life: implant dentures. At Aspire Dental Group, we understand your frustrations, and we’re here to showcase the benefits of denture alternatives that use mini dental implants. These versatile options allow you to eat, speak, and smile more confidently, thanks to increased stability and a more natural look and feel.
The Versatility of Mini Dental Implants
Traditional dental implants have been used for several decades. However, advancements in implant technology have led to an innovation that offers advantages in almost every way: mini dental implants. These slender titanium posts, often less than 3 mm in diameter, provide a solid foundation for implant dentures. They offer a minimally invasive and cost-effective solution compared to traditional implants.
Mini dental implants deliver remarkable stability, ensuring your dentures stay securely in place, and their quick recovery time makes them an attractive choice for dentists and patients alike. The best part? They can be totally customized to your dental needs. You can choose from various prosthetics that cater to your preferences and budget.
Exploring Your Denture Alternatives
Implant dentures come in removable and fixed varieties. In order of stability, they are:
- Overdentures: Often called “snap-on” dentures, these removable dentures snap firmly onto 4-8 dental implants, providing superior stability and comfort compared to traditional dentures. In certain cases, Dr. Harvey or Dr. McNair can even retrofit your existing denture to connect to the implants securely.
- Semi-removable roundhouse bridge: These roundhouse bridges replace an entire arch of teeth while offering greater stability and function. We secure them using 6-10 mini implants. This Fix on Six® system is an updated version of the All-on-4® option used with standard dental implants. These mini implant bridges are “semi-removable” because only your dentist will remove them. At your routine check-ups, Dr. Harvey or Dr. McNair will remove the bridge to thoroughly clean it and assess its condition.
- Non-removable roundhouse bridge: Non-removable roundhouse bridges offer outstanding stability and comfort, surpassing traditional denture options. We permanently cement them in place using 10-12 mini implants, ensuring unmatched strength and natural aesthetics. This option functions and looks just like natural teeth.
Each of these options offers better stability and durability than traditional dentures. Accidental slippage, messy adhesives, and gum irritation will be a thing of the past. Plus, you can look forward to lasting comfort. Made from high-quality acrylic or Zirconia, implant dentures can last decades if properly cared for.
The Benefits of Denture Alternatives
Implant dentures using mini implants offer a wide range of benefits:
- Improved speech: Implant dentures enhance speech clarity and pronunciation, alleviating the communication challenges often experienced with traditional dentures.
- Enhanced nutrition: Stable implant dentures provide greater biting and chewing power. This allows for a more varied diet, promoting better overall nutrition.
- Cost-effective: Mini dental implants are budget-friendly, making mini implant dentures accessible to a wide range of patients.
- Greater confidence: The added stability of implant dentures means you’ll never have to worry about your dentures slipping or falling out. This peace of mind allows you to eat, speak, smile, and laugh with newfound confidence.
- Prevents bone loss: Unlike traditional dentures, implant dentures ensure a healthy jaw. Fulfilling the role of tooth roots, implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing the loss of bone tissue. As a result, mini implants help maintain your facial structure.
- Functionality: Implant dentures closely resemble natural teeth in both appearance and function, ensuring exceptional aesthetics and remarkable performance.
The Implant Denture Process
At Aspire Dental Group, we offer a streamlined process that begins with a free, comprehensive consultation. During this consultation, you’ll meet with Dr. Harvey or Dr. McNair to discuss your specific needs and have an X-ray of your mouth taken. If implant dentures are the right choice for you, we’ll proceed with taking molds of your mouth and designing your ideal smile.
The next step involves placing the mini dental implants into your jawbone, creating the foundation for your dentures. We begin by administering a local anesthetic to numb the treatment site. Then, we drill a very small hole through the gums into the jaw. All that’s left is to place the mini implants and secure your dentures.
Recovery typically takes 24-48 hours after the procedure, though everyone heals a bit differently. You can manage any discomfort with over-the-counter pain medication.
While you’ll soon enjoy a wide variety of foods, we recommend avoiding hard and crunchy foods initially to give the implants time to integrate with the jawbone. Once fully healed, you can treat your implant dentures just like natural teeth, maintaining them with a good oral hygiene routine that includes consistent brushing, flossing, and rinsing. With proper care and regular check-ups, denture alternatives last for many years.
Affordable Denture Alternatives
We understand that the financial aspect of dental procedures can be a concern. At Aspire Dental Group, we are committed to providing accessible denture alternatives for everyone.
We accept most major insurances and work with multiple financing companies to ensure that treatment is affordable on any budget. While we strive to simplify the process, we also recognize that insurance and financing can sometimes be confusing. That’s why our team is dedicated to assisting you in navigating these aspects, ensuring a clear and transparent path to your dental goals.
Your Path to a Better Smile
Don’t let the discomfort and limitations of traditional dentures hold you back. Experience a lifestyle transformation with implant dentures at Aspire Dental Group. It’s time to regain your confidence and enjoy the freedom of a secure and comfortable smile. Schedule your denture consultation today and take the first step towards a brighter, more confident future.